footcAyr - Community Toenail Cutting Service
footcAyris a Voluntary Action South Ayrshire (VASA) project designed to deliver a competent and affordable community toenail cutting service.
One of the main aims of footcAyr is to make the Service accessible to all community and enable people to access basic foot care locally.
The Service started on 1st July 2013 at North Ayr Health Centre. Many other outreach clinics have been established and we now run our foot care service from the following locations:-
- Crown Street, Ayr - Monday to Friday
- The Book & Bun, Newmarket St. Ayr – Tues, Wed, Thur, Sat, and every 2nd Monday
- North Ayr Health Centre, Ayr - Wednesday and every second Friday
- Barassie Street Clinic, Troon- Every 2nd Monday
- Girvan Townhouse, Girvan – Fridays
- Speakers Club, Maybole – Every 2nd Tuesday
All our foot carers have been trained and have learned the necessary skills to carry out basic foot assessment, nail cutting, filing and foot care advice.
There is a small charge of £8 per session for nail cutting and filing. People using the service will be issued with their own nail care kit (which includes quality nail clippers and a Diamond Deb® emery board) at a cost of £10.00 at their first appointment. This one off fee includes your nail cutting. Those who wish to continue to use the Service will be asked to bring their nail care kit with them to each visit.
If you wish to make an appointment or would like more information, please contact 01292 281800 or email email@example.com